Though we differ in many ways, and there are many reasons why we have yet to reach success—as defined respectively, the fact remains that most of us suffer from these five life-blocking sentiments:
- We’re afraid we’re not talented enough
- We have fear of rejection
- We’re afraid it’s already been done
- What we desire is not important enough to make a change in other people’s life
- We’re afraid we don’t have the right degree or training
On some level we all do this; we all build our lives around the things we believe most about ourselves and the world. There's a saying that goes like this, “argue for your limitations, and you get to keep them.” Keeping this quote in mind, is this the kind of life you want to build? A life built around fears and limitations? Or do you want to build your world around knowing that anything is possible. That nothing can or should stop you because others that have come before you have done “it!”
This is what happens when we allow this type of thinking to control our lives:
- Because we think we’re not talented enough, we never try anything new.
- Because we have fear of rejection, we don’t put ourselves out there.
- Because it’s already been done, we keep our inventions tucked away at the bottom of the drawer, or worse, in the corner of our minds until it disappears completely.
- Because what we have to offer is not that important,—like say, savings lives, we don’t share what could possibly save someone’s life—like a song, a story, a favorite recipe, a dance that moves someone and awakens their souls.
- Because we don’t have the right degree, we don’t apply for that job, or reach for that goal because, well, there’s no point really….
Till Next Time