Thursday, March 10, 2016

Morning Rituals: Successful People Swear By Them, Shouldn’t You?

Morning rituals… what’s that all about?

For starters, some of the most successful people of our time swear by morning rituals: such as Tony Robins, Oprah Winfrey, Mark Zuckerberg and the late Steve Jobs to name a few.  Their morning rituals, is partly what sets them apart from the rest.
Morning rituals are a way to get your day started on the right foot. Rituals such as exercising, meditating and tackling your hardest task first are essential in creating the day AND life you desire. Steve Jobs once said that the first thing he did each morning was to look in the mirror and ask himself, "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" He said, "And whenever the answer had been no for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something."
Because I know how powerful morning rituals are, I did them, and what transpired was pretty remarkable.  I began to see great progress in my life. However, because I’ve been a little busy lately, I started to neglect my morning rituals and I have noticed a huge change in my attitude—as far as the way I tackle the day ahead. I’m not as optimistic or relaxed or happy. Needless to say, tomorrow I go back to my routine.

Your morning ritual can be anything that makes you feel good. It shouldn’t be forced. For example, if the thought of meditating freaks you out, then don’t push yourself to it. Though, I recommend you try to slowly incorporate meditation as part of your routine. Meditation is a way to center yourself. It’s a reset of sorts. Most of the time, if not always, you will come out of meditation with a new and clear mindset.  But until you are able to make your way there, do other things that will help start your day right. Go for a short walk, 10 or 15 minutes and watch the sun come up. Or listen to something positive, even 10 minutes of something motivational can get you AND keep you pumped the entire day. Stay away from your phone, computer and television. All those things will only interrupt the process.

Try it for one week. I am confident that you will start to notice great changes in your days and life. Plus, you will be better equipped to handle the tough things that may come your way each day.
Till Next Time!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment