Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Top Reason Why You Hate Working-Out

Have you ever decided to start working out only to quit before the first day? If so, you probably experienced the same problem as me.
I have been on a health journey for the last three years, one that includes eating superfoods, practicing yoga and meditation. Through this journey I learned a very valuable lesson that I want to share with you. Prior to starting this journey I was drawn to yoga and the people who practiced it. I placed yogis into this holistic-peace-loving category of people, and I desperately wanted to be like them. However, not having an athletic bone in my body and being extremely challenged—as far as flexibility goes, I didn’t see how I could ever do yoga. Still, the desire to practice yoga wouldn’t leave me alone and so I decided to just go for it.
Fast forward to three years later, and I am happy to report that I can do yoga and I love it. As far as I’m concerned, there’s no better way to get fit. Yet, even knowing this, I started to dabble into other areas of fitness, like weight lifting and cardio, and this is what happened. I went from practicing yoga every day to not exercising at all. Why, you ask? The reason is simple. I started to dread my workouts. So instead of going back to yoga (most logical choice) I decided to “stick” with the new exercise program I had committed to.

This is where the lesson lies; many of us don’t get past the first day of our workout because we are dreading what we’ve signed up for. Knowing what I know now, I can say with certainty that if you want to reach your fitness goals, you must be in love with the program you select. Sure, it may take you some time to find out just what that program is, but once you do, you will realize that exercising is not as bad as you thought it was.
Through this journey I realized that I don’t like cardio, in fact, I hate it. However, knowing that cardio is vital to my health, I found a way to fit cardio into my life that doesn’t totally tear me apart. I enjoy going for walks in the afternoons with my husband; so, when I get home from work, we walk to a plaza near our home, we typically walk 3.5 miles a day, more than I ever would if I were on a treadmill.

So I suggest this:  dedicate yourself to finding the right fitness program for you, because once you do, it will change your fitness life forever.
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment