Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Self Love - Vital Step in Getting Along with Others

 
So let’s call February the month of love, but not just because of Valentine’s Day, but because after applying some of the techniques I provided in January, the next valuable step is the practice of LOVE.
What do I mean by practicing love? Well, I mean showing yourself some love!

Do you ever find yourself trying to have a good day, yet every single person you come into contact with ends up annoying you? I think this has little to do with them, and everything to do with you. Hear me out.
I am of the belief that anything you want reflected on the outside, must begin on the inside. So, if you find yourself wishing others were kinder to you, then start by being kinder to yourself. This means speaking only in the highest terms about yourself. You may be thinking, well, this doesn’t apply to me, I’m super confident and I totally love myself. And if you feel that way, that’s good, but I would ask that you make certain that is true.

A great way to test if you are showing yourself the kind of love that you want to see in others is by listening to some of the self-talk you may be engaging in without realizing so, as in, “I’ll never get that promotion, if I’d only….; Or “I need to lose 10lbs I’m so….; Or “if only I had done ___ I would have…”

Believe it or not, this type of dialogue is precisely the thing you must cut from your life if you want to see a change in the “love” category (aka other people annoying you, other people’s faults, other people’s attitude). Negative self-talk  is often a domino affect that trickles down to others around you, thereby making you see the worse in them, instead of the good.  To give you a little boost on getting started, I recommend a great read, Jane Sincero’s “You are a Badass”.
I hope this  book helps get you started on the best trend of your life, practicing self-love.

Till Next Time!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment