Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Planning and Dreaming and Visualizing the Year Ahead!

I don’t know about you, but for me, visualizing all the things I want is a fun step in the creation process. So, to assist in this step, I create visions boards.
In case you don’t know what that is, it is simply a collection of pictures that match up with the goals you have already written down. This is a fun step in setting up your year ahead. After you’ve completed the steps mentioned in previous post, this last step should be easy and fun.

Begin by either searching the internet for photos that match your goals, or dig out those old magazines that you will never read and start cutting out things that catch your eye.

Things to lookout for: When I first did my vision board, I did it on a white poster board. I went through all my magazines, cut out letters to make words that inspired me and pictures that did the same. Then I hung it up in my bedroom where I could see it daily. The only problem was that it wasn’t very pretty, as far a décor went. So the following year, I decided to get a binder and construction paper and do my vision board that way. I found all the pictures that inspired me, glued them on the construction paper, placed the construction paper inside plastic sheets, then inside the binder, and I was done. The problem was that I put the binder away and didn’t look at again. That’s a no-no.

So finally, I found what worked for me. I went Jo Ann’s and bought a picture frame that I fell in love with. Then, I found craft paper that spoke to me to use as a background (pictures of maps since I really want to travel).  First, I glued the craft paper down. Then, I glued all the pictures and words in a way that inspired me on top of it. Then, I hung the picture-frame/vision board in my home office, over my desk where I could see it daily and be reminded of all the things I was working for.
Creating a vision board is a great step in getting you to start visualizing. Visualizing will get you excited for what’s ahead. That feeling is the key to obtaining your goals. Being content NOW, will attract the things that you want.
So have fun with this step and if you do a vision board and would like to share it with us I would love to see your master piece.
 
Till Next Time

 

No comments:

Post a Comment