Sunday, March 17, 2013

Memories!

I had a really great weekend, but I really didn't realize how great of a weekend I had until it was over. Let me explain...

I had my parents over for the weekend, and although I had a good time with them, they do tend to drive me a little crazy. And by crazy I mean, she's almost 80 and he's 87 years old so they tend to talk over each and they don't understand half the things I'm saying. But man are they AWESOME. I am truly blessed by having these two as my mommy and daddy.




Anyways, I gladly gave up our bed for them to sleep on, but for hours they insisted that we take our bed and that they would sleep on the floor--as if!



Anyhow, I wanted them to sleep on new bed sheets, so before they came over I went and bought some. And tonight, when I was getting ready for bed I looked at the sheets and I smiled thinking back to last night when they were getting ready for bed. They were so cute looking through their bags for a change of clothes and their toothbrush and doing their normal routine!



That's when I realized what a special memory I had just created. I realized how special this precious time with my parents was and how I was always going to remember this weekend.

So it got me thinking


What if we all lived our lives this way? Realizing how special EACH and EVERY moment we have is. Instead of realizing it after it's happened and gone. How much better would our days be, really appreciating the little things as much as big things. Because truly you never really know which are the things that are going to turn into the big events of your lives.

How many times have you started your day thinking it was just an ordinary day, and then days, months, or even years later that day is permanently fixed in your brain as either the best or worse day of your life.

My wish for all of us is that we take everyday we have on this earth as if it were our first or our last, whichever works for you. Enjoy every single minute, live IN THE MOMENT, not the past or the future.


Go create awesome memories my friends. Til next time. and of course here's a song!
My Wish- Rascal Flatts

No comments:

Post a Comment