Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Successful and Unsuccessful People!


I heard something pretty cool today from Brian Tracy, he said one of the most important things you must have in order to get what you want is to have CLARITY….
He said and I quote, “If you don’t have clear specific goals, you are doomed to work for people that do”. Amazing right!
 So simple, but yet so complicated. I know that deciding what you want is hard, because I was there. For years I was focused on the past and on all the things I didn’t do, AND blaming those events for the things I didn’t currently have. 
Imagine this for a moment. Imagine you’re hungry, but you don’t know what to eat, well you can go to a restaurant and mull over the options a thousand times, but this won’t bring the food to you any sooner. It’s not until you decide on what you want to eat that it eventually comes to you. 

The same is true of anything and everything in your life. But I will speak from a career perspective only since this has been MY struggle, therefore, I can only speak of such.

Brian Tracy also said that he’s studied thousands of successful and unsuccessful people, and he found the following in common.  All SUCCESSFUL people know what they want and ALL UNSUCCESSFUL people are just wandering through life.  Deciding what you want is one of the most important things you can do. So think about it….
It’s really not that hard once you’ve set aside all the obstacles that you’ve created, I’m too old, I need stability, it’s too hard, it’s too far! If you don’t allow any of those thoughts to creep in, if you could just do what you want without any “BUT’S” what would you do… easier now right.  And there it is! Do that!
I’ll leave you with another amazing quote, but this one’s from Tony Robbins, “The only thing that prevents you from getting what you want, is the story that you tell about why you can’t get it”.

Go live!


No comments:

Post a Comment