Tuesday, March 4, 2014

I Am.......

By now I'm sure you've heard me talk about how we are what we think about; but, what I want to talk about today is how we also are what we SAY we are. The words "I am" are two of the most powerful words in the world.

Have you ever stopped to think about why you are the way you are. Or why you do the things you do. Well if you haven't, then start today. What you will find is that you are the things you DECLARE you are.

For example, let's say you have an ongoing declaration about yourself that goes like this "I am always late." The truth is that when you first started saying this "fact" about yourself, it wasn't a fact at all, but rather something that just happened. But, for whatever reason you took notice of your casual tardiness and held on to it for life. You held on so tightly that you started believing that you are always late, and now your declaration has become a fact, you ARE always late.

But what would happen if you were to start saying "I am always on time." Well, the very same thing would happen, you would become the very thing you declare you are. Hmm, who'd a thunk.

This is just one simple example; this principle can be applied to every single aspect of your life. Start today using the words "I am" to create the person you want to be, the person that you really are.

I will start: I am a runner. I can run half marathons with ease. I am healthy from my head to my toes. Your turn!!


Till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment