Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Dear diary, I am afraid


Last month I finished reading May Cause Miracles by Gabrielle Bernstein; in this book she has daily exercises that are suppose to move you closer to mental and spiritual clarity. Out of all the exercise’s I was told to write down, one stood out to me.

This particular exercise asked that I list five ways I've projected fear onto my life, and next to it I was to write the “love” responses to each of my fears.

But let me go back, before I go forward (some of my friends will get this) The other day I was going through my journal and I came across the above entry, and later while taking a bath I got this urge that I had to share it with you. 

I procrastinated for a while, (in fact I wrote this entry weeks ago) and almost talked myself out of it because these were my own personal, very personal thoughts,. The kind of thoughts I only share in my diary or with my husband. But I then  realized that if this meant this much to me, then I was definitely suppose to share. I will give you my example so that you have a guideline for when you do it yourself. My hope is that you do this exercise and that you can clearly identify your fears, but more importantly that you move past them. So here it goes (exhale).

Top five ways I've projected fear onto my life:  
                               
Dear Diary,
  1. I am afraid I am not good enough                                    
  2. I am afraid I will never be successful
  3. I am afraid of making decisions I will later regret       
  4. I am afraid of not having money
  5. I am afraid I will never be satisfied
Love Response:

  1. I am brilliant, made perfectly in God’s image, created to follow my heart’s desire. I am perfect just as I am.
  2. I will achieve the very thing I strive for.
  3. Follow your heart; regret nothing for every choice I make will teach me a valuable lesson.
  4. I have more than enough, I have and always will be able to provide for my family.
  5. Be happy today with everything I have, in every single moment. Striving for more does not mean dissatisfaction. Be grateful always, no matter how small. 
Focusing on the love responses instead of the fears will allow me to move forward in life, allowing for only the best results to enter my life. I have carried those worries far too long, and they have led me nowhere. So go on, write down your fears for a last time and leave them there on the page. But more importantly write down the love responses, and carry those feelings with you for the rest of your life.
 
Till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment