Monday, January 5, 2015

Get 2015 Started Right

Hello all,

I've been MIA lately, but it’s only because I've been trying to sort some things out in my professional sphere. And of course, there’s no better time to get yourself straightened out than the beginning of a new year.   I am not sure why the start of a new year seems to energize me and fill me with such optimism, but it is an awesome feeling. As the end of the year approached, I had all these ideas and goals that I wanted to strive for this year. I couldn't wait until January 1st to write them down and start heading toward them.
So, on January 1, the first thing I did was tackle the one thing most of us hate doing, taking down our Christmas decorations. I decided that I would not procrastinate on this one task, this, I decided, would start me off on the right foot avoiding all and any procrastination.
Second, I sat down and wrote all the things I wanted to have, do or get in 2015. As I was writing down my goals, I really focused on each thing. I wanted to make sure my 2015 goals were not considered a “wish list.” I aimed for things that I could obtain as long as I worked for them and practiced discipline. I’ll give a few examples:
  1. I want to travel. Specifically to California, New York and/or Colorado. There is no reason why I can’t do these things. The only thing stopping me, is me. It’s not like I said I wanted to go to Mars, or the moon.
  2. I want to perfect a few yoga poses. Sure, I do lots of poses now, but none are quite there.
  3. I want to get one piece of writing published, whether it’s my blog, an article, or one of my novels, I don’t care.  All are equally important.
You see what I mean? Writing down my goals gave me focus and something to work toward. “Well it’s too late for me, it’s already January 6th," you say. Don’t fret... of course it is not too late. You can decide to set goals for yourself any day of the year. I say, whenever inspiration hits, that’s the best day to get started on moving toward your goals.

Oh, one more thing. For me, this year  has a theme, and it is this,“some people live 90 years, others live 1 year 90 times.” Going forward I am determined to live every year as a brand new year, and keep only, or repeat only, the things that fully satisfy my soul!
Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment