However, if you were lucky enough to successfully come out on the other side of that dilemma, I hope that you discovered one thing. That no matter how difficult a task may be, the only way to get through it is to do it. To take action. I am certain that while you were in that moment, working toward the completion of the given task, you had several thoughts along the way.
1. It’s not as hard as I thought
2. I can’t believe I’m actually doing it
3. I can’t believe I did itThere is no bigger satisfaction than to tackle what once seemed unattackable (not a word, but it’s okay) and better yet, to have destroyed it! (in a good way).
Those experiences should serve as huge reminders for you as you charge after your big goals. This is how everyone else who has reached major goals has done it. The big minds of the world didn’t accomplish life changing things because they thought it was easy. They accomplished their goal because they knew that on the other side of their uncertainty greatness awaited.So if you’re in the middle of something that you want to tackle, whether it’s starting a new business or cleaning out your closet, I have two tips to help you get a move-on.
1. First, decide that you will do it. This is non-negotiable.
2. Second, take action. No matter what, do not do another thing until you start right then taking action. If you want to start a business but you have no idea where to start, then your action could be “researching” your topic. If it’s cleaning out your closet, start with one piece of clothing at a time.That’s it! How simple is that. Once you decide that you will do it NO MATTER WHAT, and you take the first step, something magical happens. Ideas you didn’t have suddenly pop in your head. And where you first thought “there’s no way” a way will be made. Before you know it, it will be done.
I don’t know the exact science behind this miraculous process, all I know is that it works. You just have to decide you will and the rest will follow.
Till next time!