Tuesday, December 22, 2015

If Not Now, When!

I watched a clip of Oprah Winfrey announcing that she is joining Weight Watchers, further declaring that every moment of her life has not been wasted and that each time she tried and failed has led her to this moment in her life where she is asking; if not now, when?
So dear readers, as another year comes to a close, I ask that you take stock of your life. Take with you all the great memories you’ve made, and leave behind those that don’t serve you. But most of all, have a full understanding that if you tried to make a change this year in any area of your life, but you didn’t succeed (by your standards) all is not lost. Whether you can see it or not, progress was made. A seed was planted. Now it is time to cultivate. Reassess your goals, set deadlines and make an action plan that will lunge you straight into seeing results. Because if not now, then when?

In my own life I have accomplished things this year that at one point I thought I never would:
  • I got one of my degrees (something I started over 20 years ago)
  • I started my own business
  • Being healthy and active is now a regular part of my life, not something I wish for
  • I completed my 2nd novel, and got feedback from literary agents (this one, I’m especially proud of. I’ve only been writing since 2009 and when I send my queries out my heart is my throat. So when I finally get feedback, when they actually request my manuscript, words cannot express the relief and joy I feel at knowing that I am growing. I am changing. I am progressing.)
The constant thing I have done throughout this entire year is that I look for ways to get inspired daily. I have to learn, to listen to others advise, to their thoughts, to their own journey in this life. I am constantly learning and getting motivated. So I hope that this year, and years to come, my blog is that place for you. A place where you can come get inspired and get a fire under your butt that will get you to live YOUR VERY BEST LIFE.  As I usually do, I will ask you to take the challenge of taking your life into your own hands, and take whatever steps necessary to reach your goals, because if not now, then when?
Till Next Time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment