Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Most Terrifying Feeling!

I've been wanting to blog about this for two weeks now, but I've been struggling with relaying the message correctly. 
It's a must that this message is delivered accurately because I know a lot of us struggle with this. Therefore, instead of paraphrasing this important message I thought it would be better to post the 5 minute link that explains what happens when we experience joy and then immediately after picture something awful happening. 

Don't just exit out without clicking the link. Don't dismiss this message. It will change your life!
When you're done watching come on back. We'll Discuss it. Dr. Brené Brown on Joy: It's Terrifying
So????? Amazing right! I don't know about you, but this behavior governs my life. Knowing that I'm not the only one makes me feel so much better, it lets me know that I'm not so crazy....
I hope going forward you practice what she told us. Lean into those moments of joy feeling even more grateful, and DON'T fear that somehow something terrible is about to happen because you're SOOOO happy. It's ok to be happy, to be thankful for your kids, your health, your husband, your money. Just because you find yourself feeling "lucky" because you've been blessed doesn't mean that now you're going to somehow be punished.  
I now know this way of thinking can be avoided by simply leaning into the moments of joy and by giving thanks for whatever I'm feeling joyful about. And most of all, DON'T dress rehearse the tragedy because it doesn't protect or serve me in any way!

I hope this helped you in some way, because it was life changing for me!

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment